Microsoft Office Online -
By using the My Links menu, you can easily add new links, reorganize your links, access sites where you are a member, and click links to save them to you My Links list.
You can use this feature when you have "My Site" setup and running in your SharePoint Shared Services.
Let's say you have following two site collections setup for your SharePoint intranet site and My Site.
Intranet - http://intranet/
My Site - http://mysite/
When user is accessing manage links page by clicking on My Links, Manage Links menu on Intranet site, the menu control redirects user to
And you probably don't want this to happen, because of following reasons
- You want to hide My Site from user, but you still want to use My Links feature.
- You don't want user to navigate away from current site collection when they clicked on the Manage Links menu.
- You want MyQuickLinks.aspx page to inherit and use current site theme.
- You are experiencing the MOSS SP1 bug I described in last post.
- OR you just want to customize it to navigate to the any URL
The goal here is obvious. To customize the navigate URL of Manage Links. In the example above, user should be redirected to
You'll need following three things to achieve the goal